Terms and Conditions
Shipping and Delivery
– Data Recovery Lab may ship to your country.
– In order to obtain a shipping quote, please contact us.
– The carriers we use are NZ Post, DHL, EMS and Airmail.
– Data Recovery Lab guarantees we will process and ship your order within 5 business days; If there is an urgent need for an item, please make arrangements with our customer support to see if an order can be fulfilled the same day.
– Data Recovery Lab will not be held liable for packages lost or damaged by Airmail. If it is critical for your item to arrive on time, we strongly suggest you use other carriers. In case of a lost USPS International package, Data Recovery Lab will not issue a refund.
– Data Recovery Lab will not be held liable for DOA items shipped via customer-provided labels and/or customer accounts.
- Data Recovery Lab offers free diagnostics and complimentary PCB Adaptation service to our clients if the cost of purchased circuit board was $160 or greater. As this is a complimentary service, Data Recovery Lab reserves the right to decline the service to any client at any time, without further explanation.
- A service form must be included with any item or media sent to our facility. Data Recovery Lab will not be held liable if a package or its contents are lost due to a missing service form. When shipping a package to us, make sure to use a reliable, traceable carrier. Any packages lost by the carrier are not the responsibility of Data Recovery Lab.
- For international customers, media return must be done via a reliable and traceable carrier, such as NZ Post. Data Recovery Lab is not responsible for a package lost by a shipping carrier, if that carrier does not provide fully traceable service outside of the New Zealand.
If there is no communication received from the customer for a period of 30 days, it will be automatically assumed that the service is no longer required. Media will be securely disposed of, after 30 days from last contact with customer.
Any item modifications (such as soldering original or donor PCB) will void the return warranty on the purchased merchandise.
If you receive error messages while attempting to place an order, please make sure that the billing address is correct, credit card is not expired, and you have sufficient funds available. When the order goes through, you must contact customer service as soon as possible if you wish to make any corrections to the order. Processing can be executed immediately, depending on time and day of a purchase. Once the purchase is made, it may take up to 24-48 hours for order to be processed, charged, and shipped. If you require immediate attention to your order, please make sure to make arrangements with customer service prior to completing your purchase. Processing for international orders does not vary from processing of domestic orders.
Returns and Exchanges
Our 30-day limited warranty gives you time to make sure your purchase is perfect. If for any reason you are not satisfied, you can return any item, in its original condition, within 30-days from the date of purchase for a refund or an exchange. It’s that simple.
All returns must have a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number before they are returned to us. Items returned without authorisation will cause a significant delay in processing your return.
Please call us to obtain an RMA number.
After the return period has expired, please contact the manufacturer or authorized repair center to resolve any problems with your product.
Items must be returned in the same condition as shipped from Data Recovery Lab. Items returned in damaged or unacceptable condition will be returned to the customer without exchange or refund. Condition will be assessed at our discretion.
A restocking fee may be assessed if your product is returned missing one or more accessories and/or components.
No refund will be issued for any modified items (soldering, firmware transfer, hard drive cover disclosure, etc.)
We must receive the returned item within 10 days of issuing the RMA, or we will refuse the return.
Include a copy of your invoice or payment receipt in the box including RMA number, customer name, address, phone number and a brief description of why the item is being returned.
Print the RMA number on at least one (1) side of the package. Packages without a visible RMA number will NOT be accepted.
Customer is responsible for shipping and handling charges. Use the most convenient means of shipping.
Data Recovery Lab currently does not accept any exchanges. You must separately purchase another product you desire and return the product you no longer need.
Refunds will be credited to the payment you desire, then you should obtain an RMA and return the product you no longer want.
Refunds will be issued to the original payment method used for the purchase.
We reserve the right to assess a 15% restocking fee on returns.
Data Recovery Lab scans and logs the serial numbers of all outbound products. Any returned product will have the serial number matched against that of the original item shipped to the customer. Fraudulent claims will immediately be reported to the appropriate authorities.
Data Recovery Lab recommends that you keep ALL packing material for a minimum of 30-days in the event that your product needs to be returned.
Privacy and Use of Information
Data Recovery Lab does not share any personal, billing or contact information with any third parties without first obtaining your consent, and such information is used only for fulfilling orders placed. The following third parties will receive your personal data for the following purposes: NZ Post – used for fulfilling and processing orders, EMS – used for fulfilling and processing orders, DHL – used for fulfilling and processing orders, If you are concerned about the privacy of your information, please contact customer service.
We accept bank transfers. We do not accept checks or money orders. Prices are not negotiable; if you unable to complete a payment and in need of assistance, contact customer service for help.